St Michael and All Angels Church dates back to the 11th century Saxon times and is a Grade 1 listed building. Our historic church fascinates and enthrals people of all faiths and none. There has been a place of worship on this site since 1030 and both our church and churchyard have excellent records, many going back to these earliest dates. Two surviving Anglo–Saxon windows, which still retain their original wooden frames, have painted woad decorations in each of the window recesses which are still visible.
In 2006 much of Thursley Commons went up in flames – only a last minute shift in the direction of the wind saved the village from very serious damage. To provide a suitable screen and doorway to our new Vestry Tracey Sheppard, a distinguished member of the Guild of Glass Engravers, was commissioned to engrave a pair of glass doors. She chose to depict this great fire with one door showing flames devouring all in its path and the other showing the Tree of Life gradually emerging from the ashes bringing rebirth and renewal back to the heathland.